Monday, September 3, 2012

Formative Assessment Module Goals


As a teacher, there are many goals that I would like to set for myself while instructing my students using formative assessments.  My first goal that I would like to set for myself is to really understand the process and purpose of formative assessment, and ways to implement it in the classroom.  Based on the self-reflection that we took to rate our levels of expertise, there were a few areas that stood out to me that I needed to work on.  One of theses things that I need to work on is to provide more opportunities for formative assessments in my future class.  I would like there to be a more general focus on the importance of formative assessments rather than summative assessments. Creating more opportunities for formative assessments will strengthen my students knowledge of the content; better preparing them for a summative assessment. One way to achieve this goal is to provide my students with more opportunities to give their feedback to their peers.  I can guide my students while they discuss and explain their opinions or perceptions of another students work; providing a basis for their feedback.  My overall goal is to create ways to use formative assessments, in a way that is most efficient, engaging, and beneficial for my students.

No comments:

Post a Comment